Velvet pumpkins are taking over Pinterest this season. And of course, I couldn’t resist them. So I thought I’d do a set up with all my favorite Pinterest trends including flying bats, spell books, and velvet pumpkins.
Check out my Halloween Pinterest board for all my favorite trends 🙂
Used to Style:
- Black cheesecloth
- Fairy lights
- Paper bats
- Purple pumpkins
- Amalfi 5 Light Swoop Arm Crystal Plug-In Chandelier (Black)
- Banishing Spell sign
- Cinimmon broomstick
- DIY Spellbooks
- Creepy potions
- 2 Black cloche domes
1). Don’t forget the background. Adding paper bats to the wall is the perfect way to accent the décor and it’s great when decorating on a budget.
2). DIY those pumpkins! I love velvet pumpkins. They are so easy to make and completely customizable. Mix up the size and shapes, play with color and fabric, and have fun crafting the perfect pumpkin stems.
(Scroll to the bottom of the post for instructions to make your own.)
DIY Velvet Pumpkins
Paper Mache Pumpkin Stems
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Cup Flour
- Cut newspaper into thin strips.
- Start stems by twisting together strips with a small amount of glue mixture. Keep adding layers until you reach the thickness and length you desire.
- Let dry overnight.
- Once dried, paint the stems black. Finish the look by adding black sparkles.
You will need
- 1-2 yards of velvet fabric
- Beans or rice
- Cotton filling
- Thread and needle
- Cut fabric into large circles.
- Hand stitch around the edge of the fabric circle
- Before cinching the top closed, add about 3 cups of beans to the bottom for weight and fill with cotton stuffing.
- Once full, add a few top stitches to close the hole.
- Hot glue stems to the top.
Keep up with all the latest trends and fun by following